Are you a person who is serious about swimming? If you are, then you know that your training is going to be highly important. Aside from that, your nutrition should also get a lot of attention. A lot of athletes ignore their nutrition because they focus too much on what they have to do.
Your body requires proper food so that you will stay healthy. You also need the right food to have enough energy to do your different tasks. Having a poor diet will make you underperform. You will not be able to show your full capabilities.
The different items that you wear when you go swimming will play a huge role on how fast you can move. The best swim cap will allow your hair to stay out of your face so that you can see where you are going easily. You also need the right suit. This is not the time for you to choose the cutest suits. What matters is that your swimsuit will allow you to swim swiftly. Your goggles will make you see underwater clearly. When you are sure about the items that you are going to use, it is about time that you focus on your nutrition.
- Water – It does not mean that just because you are always swimming, you are going to forget about hydrating yourself with fresh and clean water. You still need to drink enough water every day so that you will not feel thirsty. You should remember that your body burns up a lot of fluids while you train or while you do your sport. Make sure to replace the water that you lose by drinking enough water every day.
- Vitamins – There are certain vitamins that you need to have so that your body will be able to function better. You need Vitamins B-1 and B-2. These will help your body to provide the energy that you need. You will know if you have not gotten enough Vitamin B if you are always experiencing cramps.
- Protein – Bodybuilders usually consume a lot of proteins in order to build muscles. Athletes are also in need of protein especially before training. Protein will make it possible to create and build more tissues that the body will need. You need about 0.6 grams of protein every time you train. If you are a vegetarian, you can get protein from nuts and legumes.
- Carbohydrates – Athletes will always need carbohydrates. You will especially need it if you want to increase your endurance. There are good types of carbohydrates that you can consume though. For example, whole wheat grains are better than white, refined ones. The right carbohydrates will truly improve your ability overall.
There are still other tips that will help you have a healthy, athletic body:
- Do not skip breakfast. Your glycogen levels are low when you wake up. You need glycogen so you can stay alert the whole day.
- Eat food that contains good fat. Not all fat is bad. You should consume enough for your needs.
- Always eat well-balanced meals.
The more aware you are about your food intake, the stronger your body is going to be.Pages: